So a couple weeks ago I thought I had finished the above pictured painting. I feel really strongly about the statement behind the image, but I felt kind of embarrassed about the image. It was doe eyed and off. So I sat down to work on that left eye. I would like to inform anyone that believes that watercolor is an unforgiving medium that I spent a couple hours lifting and putting back on the eye several times. I work on 400lb or 555lb paper and its durable enough to handle a little scrubbing. Its a true testament to the quality of the paper I use that you can't even tell how much lifting I ended up doing as the integrity of the surface is still there.
Even after all that work I still don't feel like I captured the intensity of the eyes from the source image, but there just gets to be a point where you have to accept the painting as a different image from the original source and either be ok with it or try again on a fresh sheet of paper.
I'm much happier with the image now that it has been edited. I also added more hair detail. I really hate working on hair, but I'm just not pulling of that vague hair thing.